2017/08/22

It's ok to just breathe

It's ok to just breathe

Today I am sharing the make of a card of which a similar one was published earlier this year in the in May. It's a bit of a personal story why I made this card and this is what I shared with the Craft Stamper's New Beginnings section of the magazine back in May:

What triggered me with this theme is the fact that to me every day is a new
beginning. With every day you can start a new and it's okay if you did "No Thing" and
just breathe. This card is designed to send someone comfort in difficult times, Like
when someone is suffering from a Burn-Out. The traditional "get well soon card" just
isn't what someone needs in that position and I am speaking from experience. The
sentiment "Just breathe, you are here" is so much kinder. It helps one to re-frame
one’s mind and begin again.

When you have suffered from a Burn-Out (like I have now 2 1/2 years ago) it is not in your healing process to receive cards like "hope you'll be your old-self soon" and "get well soon" because it actually works counter productive. Every one of us takes their own time to heal.  So I am sharing the make of this card so that in case you wanted to make something similar to someone who needs to hear this message.

It's ok to just breathe

I started off with covering a gelli printed ghost print with disstress inks and blended them with a blending tool. The colors I chose were pickled raspberry, wild honey and shabby shutters. I thought they made a nice blend together.

It's ok to just breathe

Then I did some stamping with Indigo Blue Ledger & splats, coffee rings from Tim Holtz and spatter drops by Marianne Crafts stamps with Staz-On Royal Purple.

It's ok to just breathe
As my focal point I chose Marsha from Stampotique Originals because I like her and she will be pointing towards the sentiment. She is stamped in black so that when I cut her out and adhere her, the details like shoe laces will be there.

It's ok to just breathe

I colored her in with letraset promarkers (alcohol markers) on sticker paper.

It's ok to just breathe

Fussy cut her out and adhered to the page.

It's ok to just breathe
Grounded her with washi tape and the "you are here" is also a washi tape.

It's ok to just breathe

I added a few more Tim Holtz texture stamps in blue and green colors in the background for more interest and then added the beautiful sentiment from Viva Las VegaStamps!
"sometimes it's okay if the only thing you did today was breathe"

It's ok to just breathe

As a final touch I added some color with distress crayons in the similar colors as the inks I used. 
It was a pleasure to combine stamps as focal point by my 2 fave companies I have the honor to work with, Stampotique Originals and Viva las VegaStamps! 

I really loved making this card design, it was such a calming and healing process. I hope this will also be the case for you and that you can send a card like this to someone whom needs to hear just this message. 

Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. wow! what a gorgeous card and thank you for sharing the process and story. I totally love it and the sentiment is wow!
    hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I've been feeling similar to that lately. I love your artwork and this card is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.