2017/08/18

Art Journal: Supernova Bear

Art Journal: supernova bear

Today I wanted to share with you a fun and quirky art journal page I made using watercolors and the "magic ink" technique combined with stencils. It's a fairly simple process but you have to work quickly like I have described in that blogpost. I used india ink and red and orange fountain pen inks. Sadly memory fails me which fountain pen inks I used, but it were samples I needed to use up, I'm sure!

Art Journal: supernova bear
The sentiment is remixed from this Viva las VegaStamps! sentiment stamp and I have made it say "Shine like the FREAKING AWESOME SPARKLY RIDICULOUS SUPERNOVA-SELF you are meant to be"  which I lined with Stabilo marks-all pencils in black and white. 

This page definitely fits the theme "Poetry in motion" over at Art Journal Journey wouldn't you agree?  Every time I look at this page it just makes me giggle :)  Hope it does the same for you! 

I am also entering this in the HLS august watercolor challenge with optional twist Bloom -
and it's a play on words as I see this as "blooming into what you are meant to be" :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and have an awesome weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for creating such a fun page for Art Journal Journey, it fits the theme beautifully! The India inks are so vibrant and really make me smile along with your fabulous quote and bear - perfect 😁. Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and fun page ! Gorgeous! Thank you very much for sharing it with AJJ!
    Much appreciated Cheetarah!
    Happy weekend!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooi!! Gaaf die grungy beer en warme kleuren erachter! Fijn weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning art journal.
    Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena HLS WC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome and fabulously vibrant creation.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.