2017/03/15

WIP: textured base

WIP mixed media/Grene art modeling paste

A great way to use up those excess scraps and trims is to glue them in a pattern on scrapbook paper to make textured background. I started with a toned down 6x6 patterned paper, gessoed it and glued on all these scraps with Modge Podge. It's my go to glue for base collage gluing now.

WIP mixed media/Grene art modeling paste
Modge podge is a sturdy and flexible glue which I definitely like for these kinds of projects.

WIP mixed media/Grene art modeling paste
Then I got a fun stencil, this case dots to contrast the squares and modeling paste.

WIP mixed media/Grene art modeling paste
I definitely like the contrast this is giving. Added more dots to the whole page and when dried I sealed it with some Modge Podge shimmer varnish.





That shimmer varnish sure does sparkle! I really love how this base turned out and next week I will show you what the completed project looks like :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Ik bewaar die ook en dus ben ik heel benieuwd wat jij ervan gaat maken...kan ik vast door geïnspireerd worden :)! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.