2016/10/05

Pens and Ink: Swan Green Marble with Diamine Safari

Swan Jade marble with Diamine Safari

When I saw this gorgeous pen on Sarj's table at the Tilburg Penshow a few weekends ago, I knew this one had to go home with me. Well, basically I wanted all the pens he had to go home with me but alas, due to budgets I had to make some tough choices ... and this one definitely made the cut!

Tilburg Penshow Spoils
It's a vintage Mabie Todd Swan Green marbled bodied self filler (ca. 1940-1945) with a stellar 14C gold Fine Flexible nib! It writes absolutely amazing! I've chosen to pair it with Diamine Safari It's a beautiful moss green which, I think, highlights the pen body really well.

Swan Jade marble with Diamine Safari
I have written a page in my loving kindness metta meditation journal with it (it's now the Rhodiarama softcover dot grid A5 notebook I got in the Spotlight Stationery July box) and this is a really amazing match! The ink does make the pen body shine, but the flex nib also makes the ink look really good! Under the right light you can even see a bit of golden sheen. I am very happy this pen got to go home with me, because it also made me appreciate this ink a lot more!

For some awesome reviews on Diamine 150th anniversary Safari ink; see Gourmetpens' review and some beautiful HD inkshots at The Clumsy Penman

 What pen and ink combo made you appreciate an ink more?

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.