2016/10/31

Mailart Monday: a ghostly halloween

Happy Halloween

It's october 31st and that means it's finally Halloween. I made the above postcard for a fun swap, the blue ghost postcard exchange hosted by my friend Amanda at Letter Letter. The objective is to send and receive a handful of postcards to your assigned group of penpals with the message written with blue ghost ink (see a great review of the ink here by S.J Mills). So it's readable with UV light only! It's super fun and I have participated in the last couple of years too.

I chose Edgar Allen Poe as focus and made the card with stamps from Lost Coast Designs, Carmen's Veranda and the Stempelwinkel. The background is made with the large grunge border stamps, stamped with opaque white and versamark. I only embossed the middle part and left the rest white. I then got some distress stains in orange and purple on my craft sheet and blotted the ink with the stamped paper.

Happy Halloween
It came out looking like this! I cut the page to size and added the rest of the elements to it and made accents with grey and black distress markers.

Making postcards for the #blueghostexchangenumbathree :) #blueghostexchange #halloween #edgarallanpoe #rubberstamping @letterletter
I blotted the rest of the ink off a separate paper and made the postcards above. I sprayed the a bit of red brusho mix and together with the drops from Designs by Ryn they look awesome ghostly (the double print also does the trick of a ghostly image!) I hope my partners will enjoy these postcards and I can't wait to receive mine!

I am entering these cards for the mixed media monthly challenge for october with the Halloween theme
 

Have a wonderful Halloween everyone!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the layers on you mail art and the colour choices are perfect for this months challenge. Thank you for taking part in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. Hugs, Clare DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.