2016/08/21

Monthly Planning MTN: July 2016 overview

When I was recovering from a nasty bronchitis this month, I hardly had any creative energy but I still wanted to do my monthly update in my Midori Traveler's Notebook. Because I wasn't feeling super creative, but still wanted a pretty colorful page, I thought of a "cheat" and adhered one of my gelli prints I had done on tracing paper to the midori notebook.
MTN update July
It instantly created an interesting page to work on! I traced the squares with Faber Castell Pitt Artist pen black in S and wrote the days, date and month with the Tombow Fudenosuke soft brush pen. And the outline was done! I love the color scheme, blue and purple and decided to ink up my Pilot Kaküno fountain pen with Namiki Black to fill in this month's events.

MTN update July
And this is the result. I only added a few extra art stickers here and there, outlined the month, days and dates with a white gelpen to create some interest and that is it! Simple, quick and effective! I might use this method more often in the future. The canson tracing paper holds up fountian pen and other inks really well!

Some close up shots:
MTN update July
At the end of the month I had a ton of work to do on an assignment I wasn't to pleased with, so I just wanted that week to move along quickly! I had that sticker with artwork from Annette Mangseth a while now and am pleased I was able to finally use it :)

MTN update July
Last month I also bought some amazing artwork by Sarah Jane Mills, as I am a fan of her AstroGirl. She does this awesome "quote Monday" thing on her blog where she draws Astro girl (most of the time) and pairs it with a fun quote. So this bit of the page is sort of an hommage to her. The sticker was in the art pack I bought and thought the quote " And so being young and dipped in folly, I fell inlove with Melancholy" by Edgar Allan Poe captured the mood of this particular pose of Astrogirl.

Awsome art by @ivory_ocean in the mail today :) Love it all and Thanks for the surprise ACEO too Jane! #artistsofinstagram #supportindieartist #art #illustration #zine #astrogirl #awesomeness #snailmaillove #snailmailrevolution #echtepostiszoveelleuker
This is the full art pack I bought from Sarah Jane's Big Cartel shop: sticker packs, Sehnsucht zine (so wondefully melancholic!) and a surprise pack or prints. I esp love the one on the top right corner. Sarah was so sweet to include an original ACEO of Astrogirl, which I swooned over!! If you like her style, I urge you to check out her blog and store :) 

In little over a week, august will be over and this month has been pretty un eventful so far. BUT I am SO looking forward to the last weekend as the Amsterdam Comic Con will be held then! We already got our tickets and I'm excited to see James Marsters and Julie Benz in the flesh :) I have been a long time Buffy and Angel fan, so I'm geeking out! So  might I possibly have a fun update for august after all? I definitely do hope so :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

namasté

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the shout out! These pages look so lovely! :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.