2016/07/13

Pens and Ink: Vintage Lamy Studio with Kaweco Paradise Blue

Lamy mustard studio

Last year I shared a post on finding these vintage Lamy fountain pens named Lamy STUDIO on the barrel. And I finally got around using one of them, The mustard yellow one has an MK nib which stands for "medium kugel" which, to my pleasant surprise, writes really well! What is also a bonus is that it  takes "standard international cartridges" (it also fits a SI converter) and I put in one of my Kaweco Paradise Blue cartridges.

Lamy mustard studio
The steel nib writes wonderfully smooth for a 1970s/1980s school pen and has a nice wetness to it. It shows off the shading of the Kaweco Paradise Blue ink really well. It could be an excellent daily writer and with the possibility of using non proprietary Lamy cartridges makes this a very interesting pen. Note that Lamy cartridges or converters do NOT fit this pen. 

Apparently this vintage pen from Lamy can be found in two different "names" while the pen looks exactly the same. I got this info from a thread on FPN on Lamy Studio/P25 from user "dib"
"The studio was the name of the series, 25 P the article number. It is like the 27: 27 is the name, e.g. 30 / 31 or 32 the article number.
Later the 25 and 26 are called design, the 80,81 and so on profil.
I guess only the first 25 are named studio on the cap. The article number 25 P was used from the beginning, april 1969."
Lamy mustard studio

That is very interesting to know! More info on the Lamy P25 on FPN here and here. Also in one of the pictures there you can clearly see the P25 imprint on the barrel, while mine says studio. These are not very commonly fond anymore, so I got really lucky with that score. I have a Pink one for sale, should anyone be interested. A lot of other pens I'm letting go of are also listed there (prices are updated and I'm also accepting offers!). Thanks for having a look. 


Have a great day!

namasté 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.