2016/07/04

Mailart Monday: Star Man

On today's mailart monday I wanted to share a collage piece I made for a swap on Swap-Bot Mail Art Postcard Random hosted in the group Sealed with Love. What I literally did for this swap, I took a hand full of small paper scraps from my junk paper boxes and see what I could come up with collage wise. The card below is the result.
mail art Star Man
In the "lucky dip" of papers there were paper scraps from scrap book papers, left over pieces from gelli prints, postage stamp sheet left overs and a home made sticker from my David Bowie Print I made earlier this year. These were "faulty prints" as the print was on the cut line of the sticker sheet. But I'm glad I kept these none the less, as it's fun to use in projects such as this (plus you know I can't throw away anything, so yeah...) I stamped some stars on the card with Brilliance lavender ink and sealed the card with artists medium. Afterwards I decided to put some accents on the  lettering with a white gel pen.

mail art
And then the Star Man was ready to be mailed out! I'm happy to say that the recipient liked this card and the lyrics was stuck in my head for a week! Want to sing along?


All together now...

There's a starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
There's a starman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it
'Cause he knows it's all worthwhile
He told me
Let the children lose it
Let the children use it
Let all the children boogie

This card is also suitable for #32 "use songtext/lyrics" of the craftorij summer challenge prompt :) 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! Shout out to all my USA friends, hope you all are having a great 4th of July celebration!

namasté

1 comment:

  1. Nu heb ik het nummer ook in m'n hoofd... Gaaf zoals je alles tot een geheel hebt gecombineerd! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.