2016/06/27

Mailart Monday: Hera's Texture

In follow up on this past Friday's post on my studies of Hera, I'm sharing a mailart piece I made with one of the gelli plate prints combining that large stamp.

Made with one of last night's print. I call her Mystique #gelliprint #monoprinting #mixedmediaartist #mixedmedia #paint #oilpastels #ecoline #xmen #mystique #comicbookinspired #creativeexpression #creativitytakescourage

I took one of the prints made on tracing paper and did a ghost print of Hera (printed with staz-on cleaner & ink residue) on the monoprint. I adhered the piece onto a large art postcard which I used as background. Then went to color the hair with red and orange ecoline ink. I also used some metallic purple and green pearl rub ons for color on the edges. With a black fine liner I drew in the silhouette of the face a bit sharper. And even though I liked how she looked this way, I wanted to add more texture to it.

texture mail art
So I added more left over gelli printed paper which I cut into strips and added to the side, took some orange and red paint and stencils to overlap the piece in swirls and stars. The words "beautiful grace" come from this great large Misc. Words rubber stamp from Lost Coast Designs. I sealed the piece with a layer of artists gel medium to finish it. I just love how this piece feels, literally! So much texture! And I think Hera's transformation made her look a lot like X-men's mystique here, don't you agree?

hera texture
The colors also look a lot more vibrant in daylight!

This piece was sent for the TPS (the printing shop) mail art swap via swap bot. In this group we swap items made using your gelli prints in some way. It's a great way to use the mono print "left over's" into something else, like mail art.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

namasté

1 comment:

  1. Ze was eerst mooi, maar donker,maar op het eindresultaat zo zonnig en helder; mooi! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.