2015/07/09

Thriftfinds Thursdays - The philatelist edition

Look at all the pretty colors! I just love sorting through my stamps #filaterie #stampcollector #postzegels #postagestamps #postage #vintage #glassinebags #sorting #colorcoordination #postal

In a little quaint town called Orvelte, they had a fun market around pentecost. And the towns people also sold some vintage stuff. I came accross a huge suitcase of glassine bags and upon further inspection, the glassine bags contained a lot of vintage stamps! I was in heaven! Took my fine time deciding which stamps I wanted to take home with me and kept it at a modest 10 bags.

I found these awesome vintage stamps in glassine bags on the right at a fleamarket. It inspired me to get soms bags myself to sort my stamps and keep them in these bags too. #filaterie #postzegels #postal #postagestamps #stampcollector #stamps #mail #post

I got home and started sorting them. It's always such a nice and relaxing task. I'm not a collector in the sence that I keep them in albums, I use them for my mail art mostly. So I got myself some glassine bags to store the stamps in.

Some of the mail art I make with postage stamps:

Some late night mail art crafting #snailmail #mail #mailart #postage #stamps #postzegels #postagestamps #postcard #handmade
Profiling #mailartsunday #mail #mailart #snailmail #snailmailrevolution #postage #post #paris #mapart #IUOMA #briefmarken #postzegels #postcard #maskingtape
A portrait #mailart #snailmail #snailmailrevolution #swap #swapbot #sent #postage #stamps #postzegels #IUOMA #postcard #handmade
Going postal mail art rond robin zine, my page #mailart #mail #snailmail #postage #post #postal #sma #stamps #zine #roundrobin
Mail Art Bonus 2013-370 back
mail art 365-014

Are you a stamp collector? Do you use postage stamps in your art?

Thanks for stopping by!
Namaste

4 comments:

  1. These are great, I too use stamps in my (mail)art - check them out here - http://positivelypostal.com/positively-postal-portfolio/ Thanks,
    Scott.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Scott! your works looks awesome too! if you care to swap Postage Mail art with me, Let me know :)

      Delete
  2. Hi there Tarah/Miss Thundercat, it would be great to swap some Postage Mail art with you so here is my address and if you let me know yours I will jump into postal art action!

    Scott @ Positively Postal
    P.O. Box 477
    Hounslow
    U.K. TW3 9HD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scott, sorry for my late reply, I have been away for a bit. Great that you want to swap mail art. Thanks for your address! I don't have a PO box, but if you let me know your email address, I'll email you my postal address :) thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.