2015/07/01

Fairly Naughty or Nice?


This is a piece I made for the Scary Fairy bloghop in which Loast Coast Portal to Creativity participated last week. I'm not usually into "dark" themes, however I am into different and this challenge inspired me to think out of the box. 
Stamped used are from Lost Coast Designs:
Inkpads used: Memento danube blue, paris dusk, rich cocoa and Brilliance Moonlight
Distress stains: fired brick, peeled paint, forest moss, wild honey, antique linen, spun sugar and broken china
I used Pro-markers to color in swimsuit girl. And a water brush pen with distress stain inks to color the brick background. 

More details on how I made it:

I usually make a lot of backgrounds and keep the left over pieces in a huge box. I wanted to do something fun and different with the brick background so I used it for this project. The background is made with brick stencils and gesso on craft paper. Like the one I used for Humpty Dumpty. I flipped the piece vertically and stamped swimsuit girl on it with memento rich cacao. Then I masked her (made a mask on masking paper) and stamped the wings of the Art Doll first lightly with danube blue to get the placing right. With the memento drops you can easily place ink on parts of your stamp of which you want to have the image stamped of. I stamped the wings a few times and then used a q-tip to blur out any parts I didn't want to have (that is the advantage of stamping on gesso - it doesn't dry as quickly). I stamped the wings again this time with brilliance moonlight. This gives it the angel feathers effect. I love how thick and lush it made the feathers look. Took the mask away and blurred a bit on the outlines of the body to give it some shadow effect. I heat set the brilliance ink with my heat tool and then get on to color the body with pro-markers. To give her ‘ghostly eyes’ I made her eyes white with a white sakura gelpen and outlined it with a 0.05 steadtler black fine liner. I wanted her to have a sort of Halo around the head and thought the ART piece of the art doll would be perfect. So I masked swimsuit girl again and also covered the wings with large Post Its and stamped ART with memento Paris dusk. I outlined the letters with the black fine liner. I colored the brick background with distress stains and a water brush. I made sure I didn’t color over the imagery. Matted on black card stock. I smeared some lines of distress stains on my Kraft sheet, sprayed it with water and put the yellow card stock over it to get the desired effect. That is used as the final matting layer.

Finished the piece off with stamping Naughty or Nice with a typewriter font alphabet stamp (yes my favorite one ;) with memento Paris dusk.

So what do you think? Is she naughty or nice??

Thanks for stopping by!
Namaste,
Tarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.