2015/06/18

Thriftfinds Thursdays - Porte Plume


A little while ago I stumbled upon a great art and vintage market in Amsterdam at the Spui. Of course I can't walk by without checking out what they had for sale. And boy am I glad I did. A vendor was selling a lot of vintage adverts, stationery, papers and other paraphernalia and in a corner also a box with dip pens, pencils and yes... fountain pens. I scored the above beauties there for a really good price. And the fun thing was, he put them in an envelope of an old fountain pen store in Brussels as a wrapping. It has the 'Le Tirge' logo on it (which would make an awesome rubber stamp)! My little archivist heart just beated faster, so awesome to add this to my collection of fountain pen related goodies :)



The pen bodies do need some work to get them into full working order. The Crown one is the most intact one. Such a beautiful striated body! Of course I had to dip test them and the Crown and Onoto ones are really flexy. The duofold is a firm medium one. Sadly the caps of both the duofold and onoto are broken. But perhaps at the Tilburg penshow this year I might be able to find a replacement for them. 

Thanks for stopping by!

namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.