2015/05/24

Mindful Mailart Sundays - I wanna see your Peacock!

Listening to Katy Perry got me inspired. Peacock stamps by #carmensveranda #rubberstamping #mailart #mailartists #iwannaseeyourpeacock
While working on my mail art I usually have some fun music on. I cannot deny that Katy Perry is definitely one of my Guilty pleasures :) For a Peacock MailArt swap on swapbot I just felt this song by Katy Perry would be the best backdrop for it.

Working on some #mailart backgrounds #lostcoastdesigns #mailartists #timholtz #embossing #wow #pressepapier #colorful #colorcoordination
The backgrounds are made with Tim Holtz distress stains and glimmer mist moss green chalk spray  on vintage typewritten paper. Peacock and loopy calligraphy stamps were stamped with dazzle versamark and embossed with a mix of clear and violet inter-medium embossing powder.   

Peacock mail art


Added some accents on the edges with themed paper and gold washi tape. I stamped the peacock stamp on a separate piece of gold textured paper, cut out and glued on black paper to give it a pop-out- effect. As you could see on the top picture, that was my plan. But sadly the glue would not take to the glossy embossed surface and it came loose... So the I just stamped the peacock with dark grey stazon in the section on the left and it gave a neat effect too! Goes to show that mistakes can lead to beautiful creations :)

The peacock and feather background stamp are from Carmen's Veranda.

Thanks for stopping by!

namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.